How To Enable Mixed Mode Authentication After SQL has Been Installed
Note: This applies to SQL 2005 and 2008 as well as Express 2005 and 2008 with SQL Server management studio installed.
1. Click on Start | Programs | Microsoft SQL Server 2005 | SQL Server Management Studio Express or SQL Server Management Studio, depending on your version of SQL Server. The Connect to Server window displays.
2. Enter the requested connection information for the SQL Server and then click the Connect button.
3. Right click the server name and select Properties. The Server Properties window will display.
4. In the left hand pane select Security.
5. Under Server authentication section select SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Right click the server name and select Restart. Wait a few moments for the service to restart before proceeding.
Solution Published: June 5th, 2012
Solution ID: 1132