How To Set Up a DocuShare RSS Feed
DocuShare offers feeds to site collections and other types of containers. If you are using a browser with built-in feed support or you have a feed reader installed on your computer, you can add a feed to a DocuShare container. This enables you to view updated content in the container, provided you have the necessary permissions, without having to go to the DocuShare site in your browser. (This information is also found in the DocuShare User Guide)
To subscribe to an RSS feed using Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- If the Command bar isn't visible, right-click the Favorites button (Blue Star), and then select Command bar.
- Go to the Docushare collection that you want to view the RSS feed for.
- Click the Feeds button (Orange button that looks like a radio signal) to view feeds on the webpage.
To change the refresh frequency of the RSS Feeds in Internet Explorer (if required):
1. From Internet Explorer select Tools | Internet Options. The Internet Options window displays.
2. Select the Content tab, | Content. In the Feeds and Web Slices section click the Settings button. The Feeds and Web Slice Settings window displays.
3. From this window you can selec the frequency in which the RSS feed refreshes the content.
Solution Published: June 22nd, 2012
Solution ID: 1139