How to Gather the Full System Information on a Windows Server
NOTE: This solution is valid for Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008
NOTE: Depending on your situation technical support may ask that DocuShare is running when gathering this information.
From the Server,
- Click on [Start] button and select [Run] the Run Window will be displayed.
- In the Open: field type msinfo32 and click [OK]. The System Information window will be displayed.
- Click on [File] and select [Export]. The Export As window will be displayed.
- In the File name: field type your Server name or Company name.
- In the Save as type: field select Text File from the drop down menu.
NOTE: Make sure you verify where the file you are creating is being saved so that you can retrieve it to send to technical support.
- Click on [Save] button. A window showing the status to the save will probably appear.
- Close the System Information window by clicking the [X] button in the upper-right hand corner.
- Send the file you created in step 5 to technical support.