DocuShare Scanning Tips
Before you can scan documents to DocuShare, your WorkCentre administrator must set up a scan template on a WorkCentre. Check with your administrator to find out which template you should use and whether or not a password is required.
Note: Depending on which WorkCentre model you use, the steps for scanning a document can vary.
To scan a document:
1. Place a document on the document glass or in the document feeder.
2. Press the Features button.
3. On the touch screen, press the Scan tab.
4. Press Scan to File.
5. Select the scan template.
6. If the template requires a password, do the following:
a. Press Added Features.
b. Press Filing Setups.
c. Press Login Name/Password.
d. Press Password.
e. Type your password and press Save.
f. Press Save.
7. Press the Start button.
The WorkCentre scans the document and then sends it to the temporary scan collection on your DocuShare server. The document is stored in this collection for a designated time period. To keep the document, you need to save it to a permanent collection.
To save a scanned document to a collection:
- Go to the DocuShare home page.
- Click WorkCentre Scan Repository .
- If the Passcode field appears, enter the password you entered at the WorkCentre to scan the document and then click Enter Passcode.
- Locate your scanned document.
- Click Save.
- If you want to rotate the document, select the number of degrees from the Rotate Image menu and click Go.
- From the Document Type menu, select the type of document to save the scanned document as. The menu contains types in addition to Document if your administrator created custom documents on your site.
- If your administrator specified a default collection in which to save scanned documents, its title appears in the Destination field. Do one of the following:
- If you want to use the default collection, go to step 13.
- If you want to change the collection, click Select. The Select Destination page appears.
- In the Sort By field, select Name to display the collections in alphabetical order or select Handle to display the collections in numerical order.
- Do one of the following:
- To find specific collections, enter one or more words in the Search field and click Go.
- To list all collections, click Show All (if displayed).
- To display your favorite collections, click Show Favorites.
- To display your personal collection, click Show Personal Collection.
- In the Possible Locations field, select the collection to which you want to save the document.
- Click Apply.
- In the Title field, enter a title for the document.
- Enter any additional information.
- Click Save.
The document is saved to the collection you specified.
Solution Published: August 23rd, 2012
Solution ID: 1181