How To Create a Root / Top Level Collection in DocuShare 3.00.x
Note: This solution applies to DocuShare 3.00.x only
· A collection that you would like to be a Root Collection (displayed on the HomePage) must be already be created on your DocuShare site inside of an existing collection.
To add a Root Collection to a DocuShare HomePage
- In the Admin Home area under Administration, click Content Management, then click Root Collections. The Root Collections window will be displayed with a list of all of the Collections that are currently set as root.
- To add a collection to the site root, select the collection from the Allowed Collections list and click on the right arrow. DocuShare will add the collection to the Root Collection list.
- To remove a collection from the site root, select the collection from the Selected Root Collections list and click on the left arrow. DocuShare will remove the collection from the Root Collection list.
NOTE: If you need to return to the saved settings, click Reset.
- Click Apply to save your Root Collection changes. DocuShare saves your Root Collection changes and displays your new DocuShare home page.
NOTE: You may need to use the Refresh Option (click Apply) on your browser to see the changes because the browser may show a cached page.
- Orphan a new Root Collection so it appears nowhere to make it a true root collection. Click Properties for the new root Collection. The Properties window will be displayed.
- Click the Locations tab.
- From the Selected Locations section, click on the collection that the new Root Collection appears in, then click Remove.
- Click Update Locations. Your Collection should only be displayed at the Root now.