Note: This applies to Mac OS X.
Mac OS X workstations can map to WebDav and upload files, but all files display as 0 kb in size and are not accessible.
Reason / Possible Cause
WebDAV folders do not work when a different root directory other than the default install root directory value of docushare is used for the Tomcat Servlet.
Note: If the default root directory (docushare) is used then to access DocuShare the URL would look like the following example http://my.docushare.com/docushare and in this case WebDAV
Examples of when the WebDAV folders do not work:
· If DocuShare is at the root directory (http://my.docushare.com)
Note: In the example above, the /docushare is not needed to access the DocuShare site. This is not the default value during install. Follow the solution steps listed below to resolve the issue.
· If a different root directory is used (http://my.docushare.com/ds)
Note: In the example above, /ds is used instead of /docushare to access the site. This is not the default value during install. Follow the solution steps listed below to resolve the issue.
Note: You must be a Windows Administrator to perform this solution.
Note: To complete this solution it requires that DocuShare be restarted.
To fix the WebDAV issue:
From the DocuShare Server,
1. Open Windows Explorer and browse to the Xerox\Docushare\config directory.
2. Open the WebDAV.properties file in a text editor such as Notepad.
3. Locate the ‘urlWebdavBase’ property.
The following is an example how the property will be displayed in the
4. Change the urlWebdavBase= value to work with the path used on your DocuShare Server.
o If the URL for your DocuShare Server is http://my.docushare.com the property should look like this:
o If the URL for your DocuShare Server is http://my.docushare.com/ds then the property should look like this:
5. Save the file after correcting the property value.
6. Browse to the Xerox\Docushare\tomcat\webapps directory
7. Move or rename the webdav directory, by using the your standard operating system methods to accomplish moving or renaming the directory.
Note: The webdav directory must be moved or renamed to prevent a conflict with the DocuShare WebDAV feature.
8. Stop and Start the DocuShare service to allow changes to take effect.
9. Try connecting to DocuShare via Webdav once the DocuShare server is available again.
Solution Published September 27th, 2012
Solution ID: 1205