How To Reset the Admin Password
NOTE: This solution will require you to stop DocuShare
NOTE: You must be an administrator to perform this solution
NOTE: Solution steps are based on the Windows Operating System. In a Redhat or Solaris Environment you will need to open a terminal, change into the Xerox/Docushare/bin directory and the run the command ./start_docushare.sh resetpassword
From the DocuShare Server,
- Stop the DocuShare service by using either the stop_docushare command line utility or stop DocuShare if you are running it as a service by using the Services Administrative Tool.
- Click on [Start] and select [Run]. The Run window will be displayed.
- In the Open: field type cmd. The cmd.exe window will be displayed.
- Type cd Xerox\Docushare\bin directory (the installation path may vary depending on your environment)
- Type start_docushare resetpassword and then press [Enter].
- You will be returned to the command prompt
- Start the DocuShare service by using either the start_docushare command line utility or start DocuShare if you are running it as a service by using the Services Administrative Tool.
- Log in to the DocuShare webpage using admin for the username and admin as the password.