How to Remove the DocuShare Service
Note: This solution is valid for DocuShare 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x.
Note: This solution will require you to stop DocuShare.
Note: You must be an administrator to perform this solution.
Note: Solution steps are based on the Windows 2003 Server and DocuShare 6; however, the solution applies to all supported Windows versions and DocuShare 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x.
- You must know the Host ID of your server before performing this solution. You can find the Host Id of the server by opening a command prompt window and from the Xerox\DocuShare\bin directory type start_docushare env. This will display the host ID for your DocuShare Server.
From the DocuShare Server,
- Stop the DocuShare service by using either the stop_docushare command line utility or stop DocuShare if you are running it as a service by using the Services Administrative Tool.
- Click on [Start] and select [Run]. The Run window will be displayed.
- In the Open: field type cmd. The cmd.exe window will be displayed.
- Type cd Xerox\Docushare\bin directory (the installation path may vary depending on your environment)
- Type start_docushare –remove HostID -name "Docushare 6 – Host ID" then press [Enter].
Note: Where HostID is the DocuShare server HostID and DocuShare 6- HostID is the service name displayed in services.
- You will be returned to the command prompt
- Close the command prompt window.
- Click on the [Start] button, highlight Settings and Select [Control Panel]. The Control Panel window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Administrative Tools] icon and then select [Services]. The Services window will be displayed.
- Browse through the list of Services, you should no longer see the DocuShare Service listed.
- Start the DocuShare service by using the start_docushare command line utility from the Xerox\DocuShare\bin directory.
Note: When using the start_docushare command in the command prompt window you will need to leave the command prompt window open for DocuShare to remain running.
Note: You will need to wait a few minutes for DocuShare to finish its start up routine.
- Once DocuShare has started, bring up the webpage in your browser to be sure you can access it ok.
Note: If you need to install/add the DocuShare Service to Services. The command is start_docushare –install HostID -name "Docushare 6 – Host ID". Where HostID is the DocuShare server’s Host ID and where Docushare 6 is the version of DocuShare installed. There is a Knowledge Base solution with the complete steps for Installing the DocuShare Service
Solution Updated: July 29th, 2014
Solution ID: 300