Workflow Emails are not Sending but Notifications Emails are Sending Successfully
NOTE: Note this solution applies to DocuShare 5.x and above.
If workflow emails are not sending but notification emails are not sending. Then the value specified for the SMTP server in the dscommon.properties file and dw.xml might not match.
NOTE: Workflow uses the information in the Xerox\Docushare\drala\dwe\conf\dw.xml file to send email and Notifications use the information in the Xerox\Docushare\config\dscommon.properties file to send email. The workflow.stdError log may contain information regarding a failure to send with a possible obvious reason.
NOTE: You must be an Administrator to perform this solution.
· Notifications must be sending to email successfully.
· You have set up a workflow such as a Routing task and/or Content Rule that is triggers an email and none of the emails send successfully.
· The users properties have the Route Task Notification menu value set to yes and they have a valid email address configured.
Verify the SMTP values that are set in the following files:
1. Open the Xerox\DocuShare\config\DSCommon.properties file in a text editor (such as WordPad)
2. Look for the entry SMTP_HOST =
3. Make a note of the IP Address or the Fully Qualified Domain Name specified
4. Open the Xerox\Docushare\drala\dwe\conf\dw.xml file in a text editor (such as WordPad)
5. Look for the entry <smtp>
6. Check to see if the IP Address or the Fully Qualified Domain Name matches the one specified in the DSCommon.properties file that you made note of.
7. If necessary, modify the dw.xml file entry for <smtp> with the IP Address or Domain Name so that it matches the value that was listed in the SMTP_HOST= in the DSCommon.properties file.
NOTE: DocuShare must be restarted for any changes to take effect. If changes were required, please restart and try sending a routing task to see if an email gets received by the task receipient.
NOTE: Alternate solution, if you know the SMTP server’s IP Address or Fully Qualified Domain Name then you can refer to the solution: How To Specify/Change the SMTP Server DocuShare will use to Send Email (this solution will update both files with the information you specify for the SMTP server)