The option in Outlook to Show Home Page by Default is grayed out or selecting the Show Home Page by Default value does not remain applied after closing Outlook 2007 and opening it again.
NOTE: This solution is valid for DocuShare Client build 94 and 95 and Outlook 2007
Steps to Replicate the issue:
1. Open Outlook
2. Right Click the DocuShare server mapping, select Properties. The Properties window displays.
3. Click the Home Page tab.
4. Select Show home page by default for this folder.
NOTE: If option is grayed out and you are unable to select it at all proceed to the solution listed below.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Close Outlook
7. Open Outlook (the setting is not selected any more)
A change will need to be made to the registry of the workstation(s) that would like to have the option set to on by default.
How To Add the New Keys to the Registry
NOTE: You must be a Windows Administrator to perform this solution.
WARNING: Back up the Registry file before editing the file. Changes made to the Windows registry can cause the operating system to stop functioning and may require reinstalling Windows.
1. Close Outlook
2. Open a registry editor (in this example regedt32 was used)
3. Open KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies
4. Right click on Policies, select New and then Key. Name the new key Microsoft
5. Right click on Microsoft, select New and then Key. Name the new key Office
6. Right click on Office, select New and then Key. Name the new key 12.0
7. Right click on 12.0, select New and then Key. Name the new key Outlook
8. Right click on Outlook, select New and then Key. Name the new key Security
9. Right click Security, select New and then New DWORD Value
10. Type NonDefaultStoreScript then press Enter
11. Double click NonDefaultStoreScript. The Edit DWORD Value window displays
12. In the Value data field, enter 1
13. Under the heading Base choose Hexadecimal
14. Click the OK button
15. Close the registry editor
16. Open Outlook
17. Right Click the DocuShare server mapping, select Properties. The Properties window displays.
18. Click the Home Page tab
19. The option should now be selected.