NOTE: This solution applies to Windows Vista Only. There is a separate solution for Windows 2000 and XP. (See related solution listed at the bottom of the page)
DocuShare offers desktop integration with WebDAV standards, which allows any desktop computer connect to any DocuShare site.
· Most installations of Vista will require an update to map a webdav folder successfully. Please refer to KB907306 on the following website www.microsoft.com (You may be able to access it via the following link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64&displaylang=en )
1. Once the update has been installed on Windows Vista, Click Start Button and select My Computer. A new window displays.
2. Click the Map network drive link on the navigation bar. The Map Network Drive window displays.
3. Select Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures link. The Add Network Location Wizard displays.
4. Click the Next button
5. Click the Choose a custom network location link and then click Next button
6. In the Internet or network address: field enter the address with the Webdav extension (lower case) Example: http://IPAddress/docushare/webdav
NOTE: You do not need the /dsweb/HomePage part of the URL.
7. Click the Next button.
8. A login prompt will be displayed, type the User name and password of your DocuShare Server and click the OK button.
9. In the Type a name for this network location: field type the name that you would like to user for this shortcut that will help you easily identify this network location. Then Click the Next button.
10. Click Finish
11. The new WebDav folder will now be displayed. To access the WebDav folder Open My Computer or Windows Explorer and it will be listed under Web Folders