DocuShare Express Install Instructions
Xerox DocuShare Express is a web-based document management application that enables workgroups and document intensive businesses to dynamically capture, manage, retrieve, and distribute information. With DocuShare, users can create their own accounts and add or delete information without a webmaster or site administrator.
DocuShare Express installation on a Windows server requires the following:
· 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon MP processor or greater
· 3 GB RAM or greater
· 2 GB free disk space or greater Operating system
· Windows 2003 Server with SP 2 or R2
NOTE: DocuShare is tested to only support 32-bit systems.
DocuShare Express includes a version of the Tomcat web servlet as part of its functionality. The servlet is installed by the DocuShare Express installer.
DocuShare Express includes a version of Microsoft’s SQL Server Express database. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed prior to installing DocuShare Express.
1. Insert the DocuShare CD-ROM into the server CDROM drive.
2. The DocuShare setup should start automatically. The installation program uses Java to install the product. It takes a few minutes to unpack and start Java. An onscreen status indicator is not available while JVM completes its installation. The DocuShare Welcome screen displays.
NOTE: If you have disabled AutoRun, doubleclick setup.bat in the CD root directory.
3. Click Next to start the DocuShare installation. Follow the onscreen instructions.
4. When the installer completes the DocuShare installation, click Finish to close the installer.
5. Reboot the system. DocuShare initial startup automatically updates the search indexes; allow five minutes before accessing the site via a browser.
Connect to your DocuShare server
At the completion of the DocuShare installation, connect to your new DocuShare server using a web browser. The default URL is:
For users connecting to DocuShare from their systems, the URL is:
NOTE: 8080 is the default port for the Tomcat web servlet. If another application is using 8080, DocuShare will check and assign another port number to its URL. After connecting to DocuShare, you should be viewing the default home page of your new DocuShare server. The home page has links to many useful features and to several pre-installed collections. User and Administrator tutorials are available via the Help link.
You can log in as admin at this time, using the password you created during the installation. You need to license the server to enable adding content to your server.
License DocuShare Express
DocuShare Express is distributed as a restricted use server.
To license your DocuShare Express server:
1. Log into the DocuShare server as admin, using the password you created during the installation.
2. On the navigation bar, click Admin Home.
3. From the Administration menu, click Site Management | License.
4. Record or copy your server Host ID.
5. Email the server Host ID along with your customer information to the Xerox Teleweb Center at email@example.com or call 1-800-735-7749 (option 2) and a DocuShare Express license will be generated and sent to you.
Configure DocuShare Express
Refer to the DocuShare Administrator Guide to configure your DocuShare site. The DocuShare Administrator Guide can be found on the DocuShare home page via the Help link.