How To Make DocuShare the Root Directory of a Web Site
During and install of DocuShare the default root directory for the DocuShare web UI is /docushare For example, http://hostname:8080/docushare However, this value can be changed during the install or after the install if required.
Changing the DocuShare Web Site Directory to the root web site will cause DocuShare to no longer be accessed via http://hostname:8080/docushare it will instead be accessed via http://hostname:8080
Note: You must be a Windows Administrator to perform this solution.
Note: This solution applies to DocuShare 4.x, 5.x, 6.0.x, 6.5.x, and 6.6.x.
Note: This solution requires that you stop DocuShare.
To change the root directory of the DocuShare website:
1. Stop DocuShare.
2. Open a command prompt window.
3. From the Xerox\DocuShare\bin directory type dssetup.
4. Press Enter to accept the settings in square brackets , until you are prompted for the Tomcat DocuShare root [docushare] ?.
Note: The default value of the tomcat root is docushare unless the value was changed during the installation or by running dssetup.
Note: If you pass Tomcat DocuShare root [docushare] ? value by mistake you can just press Enter to accept all other default values until the Configuration Tool returns you to the command prompt again. Then rerun dssetup.
5. When prompted for the Tomcat DocuShare root [docushare] ? type / and press Enter.
Note: If you would like to change the root value to something different then type the new value instead of / and press Enter.
6. Continue accepting the values in square brackets by pressing Enter for the rest of the settings you are prompted for until you are returned to the command prompt again.
7. Start DocuShare.
8. Once DocuShare is started, try accessing the web page by typing http://hostname:8080 Where hostname is the DocuShare server’s hostname, IP Address or DNS name.
Note: If you specified a root value such as ABC then you will need to type http://hostname:8080/ABC Where hostname is the DocuShare server’s hostname, IP Address or DNS name and ABC is the value you entered in step 5.
Solution Updated: July 22nd, 2014
Solution ID: 433