Clicking the Xerox DocuShare Logo access the Home Page Does Not Work
If you set the for the DocuShare web UI to root (/) instead of /docushare (the default setting) and then click on the Xerox DocuShare logo in the web UI the link will not work. This occurs because the link path is hardcoded in a file and has the default path of /docushare for the root of the web site.
1. Run dssetup to change the Docushare Tomcat to root (/) for the website
2. Log in to DocuShare as admin
3. Click on Admin Home | Account Management | Domains
4. Click the Xerox DocuShare Logo displayed on the banner
5. A 404 - /docushare/dsweb/home error will be displayed
Note: You must be Windows Administrator to perform this solution.
Note: This applies to DocuShare 6.x. This issue has been fixed in DocuShare 6.5.2
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Browse to the Xerox/Docushare/tomcat/webapps/root/jsp/common directory
3. Find the adminbanner.jsp and make a copy of the file and paste the copy into the same directory and rename it adminbanner.jsp.orig
4. Open the adminbanner.jsp file in a text editor such as Notepad
5. Search for the line that contains <div id= “header”>
6. Remove the /docushare from the following line <h1><a href=”/docushare/dsweb/Home” title=”Home” target=”_parent”>Docushare CPX </a></h1>
<h1><a href=”/dsweb/Home” title=”Home” target=”_parent”>Docushare CPX </a></h1>
7. Save the changes
8. Try clicking on the Xerox DocuShare logo again in the web UI of DocuShare
Note: Changes should take effect immediately; however, if you are still receiving an error you may need to refresh the web page, clear the cache settings for the browser used, and/or restart DocuShare.