Use Property Search to Workaround Zone Search Limitation
|Use Property Search to Workaround Zone Search Limitation|
NOTE: Searching for an object that contains a period or dot (.) will return empty results. For example my_file.doc will not find the document but my_file.* will return results including my_file.doc.
The Search field on the toolbar and the Search for: field on the Advanced Search Query window use a Zone search. A Zone search ignores text after the period or dot character. This is a known limitation of a Zone search. Zone searching was added to DocuShare 3.1 for faster search results.
As a workaround for this limitation, submit a property search.
NOTE: The property search on the Advanced Search Refine window is a Property search, not a Zone search, and does not ignore the text after the period or dot character.
- Click on the [Advanced] link on the DocuShare toolbar. The Advanced Search window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Refine] tab.
- In the Where: section set the Any Part menu to [Any Part] and the Contains menu to [Contains]. These are the default settings for both menus.
- Enter the desired search term into the blank Keywords field.
- Click on [Search] at the bottom of the window. The search results will be displayed.