DocuShare Print and Email Readme
DocuShare Print and Email language packs
If you installed the DocuShare French, German, or Spanish language pack on your server, download and install the appropriate DocuShare Print and Email language pack from the Xerox DocuShare Support & Software site (http://www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-docushare/software/enus.html).
How to Install SSL or TLS Certificates
1. Stop DocuShare.
2. Obtain a certificate file from an SMTP mail vendor, by going to http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html and downloading the Windows version of openssl.
3. Install openssl in the C:\OpenSSL-Win32 folder.
4. Open a DOS command window and run:
5. Run one of the following commands to obtain either an SSL or a TLS certificate:
· For an SSL certificate, run C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin>openssl s_client -connect <your smtp server address:your smtp server port> -showcerts.
For example, using Gmail with 465 as the SSL port: C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin>openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:465 smtp -showcerts.
· For a TLS certificate, run C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin>openssl s_client -connect <your smtp server address:your smtp server port> -starttls smtp -showcerts.
For example, using Gmail with 587 as the TLS port: C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin>openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:587 -starttls smtp -showcerts.
6. Open the certificate file and copy the text starting with -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and ending with -----END CERTIFICATE-----, and save it as a text file.
Note: If there is a multiple certificate chain, copy and save each certificate into individual files; such as yyy1.cer, yyy2.cer, etc.
7. Continue with the next section of these instructions to enable SSL or TLS.
How to Enable SSL or TLS for Print and Email
1. Open the PrintEmail.properties file.
2. Add one (not both) of the following lines of code to the file:
• To enable the SMTP server for the print feature SSL, add the line: print_smtp_type=SMTP-SSL.
• To enable the SMTP server for the print feature TLS, add the line: print_smtp_type=SMTP-TLS.
3. Add one (not both) of the following lines of code to the file:
• To enable the SMTP server for the email feature SSL, add the line: email_smtp_type=SMTP-SSL.
• To enable the SMTP server for the email feature TLS, add the line: email_smtp_type=SMTP-TLS.
4. If the SMTP server requires "From" address verification, add the line email_smtp_sender= and set the value according to the following information:
• If a mail relay server is configured for local email domains, set email_smtp_sender= to NO. Email will be delivered with "From" set to the user's email address.
• If a mail relay server cannot be configured, set email_smtp_sender= to AGENT. Email will be delivered with "From" set to the system email address. Please note that the print feature will not work in this configuration.
5. Copy the SSL or the TLS certificate file into the $DSHOME/jdk1.6.0/bin folder.
6. From a DOS window, run keytool -import -trustcacerts -file you_mail_server.cer -alias mykey -keystore ../jre/lib/security/dstruststore.
7. Enter password at the password prompt.
8. At the prompt, reply yes.
9. Start DocuShare.
10. Make sure the server is enabled for SSL or TLS by opening the log file and searching for the following lines:
MobilePrintActionImp.sendMail() Infor:SMTP-SSL indicates that SMTP-SSL is enabled.
MobilePrintActionImp.sendMail() Infor: SMTP-TLS indicates that SMTP-TLS is enabled..
If neither line appears in the log, that indicates that neither SSL nor TLS is enabled.
© 2012 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved.
Solution Published: June 11th, 2013
Solution ID: 1324