DocuShare 6.6.1 Now Supports Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition and Firefox ESR 17
The DocuShare Team is pleased to announce the support of Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition (64-bit) with DocuShare 6.6.1. The announcement applies to the DocuShare Standard, Enterprise and Education Editions. DocuShare Express is not supported on Windows Server 2012. Special conditions apply to this support announcement as described below. Please read them carefully.
In addition, we now support the Firefox ESR 17 browser.
Special Conditions of this Announcement
DocuShare 6.6.1 Installation on Windows Server 2012
· Do not install Microsoft SQL Server Express (included with DocuShare 6.6.1) - SQL Server Express is not compatible with Windows Server 2012. See SQL Server Versions Supported below.
· Do not install the IIS connector (default installation option) - By default the installer does not set up the connection between DocuShare's Tomcat web server and Microsoft IIS.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012 Versions Supported
DocuShare 6.6.1 and Windows Server 2012 are compatible with the following:
· SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 2
· SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update 2
Support for Microsoft IIS 8
There are two options for connecting DocuShare/Tomcat to Microsoft IIS 8 (included with Windows Server 2012):
1. Use the new IISTool 2012 - Download from https://docushare.xerox.com/doug/dsweb/View/Collection-15370
2. Manually setting up the Tomcat/IIS bridge.
Note: For detailed instructions on How To Manually Bridge IIS 8 and DocuShare click the solution link listed at the bottom of the page.
Solution Updated: December 18th, 2013
Solution ID: 1332