Additional Languages for DocuShare software are available, and are easily installed using the DocuShare install wizard.
Note: This applies to DocuShare 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and 6.5.x
Note: You must be an administrator to perform this solution.
Note: This solution requires that you stop DocuShare.
· Before you install language packs, make sure the selected update is compatible with your version of DocuShare. Go to About DocuShare, on your site home page or in the Administration Menu, to locate your version number.
· Go to Site Management | License. If the language is not listed under Active Language, you must obtain a new license string to use the new language.
To Install a software update or patch:
1. Log into the DocuShare server as a Windows administrator.
2. Stop DocuShare.
3. Launch the DocuShare software update wizard by doing one of the following:
· If you are installing from a product media: Insert the DocuShare media into the server drive. If the installer does not open automatically, open the media, locate and double-click dsUpdate.exe.
· If you downloaded software from the web: Download the file to a temporary directory on your server and unzip the file. Open the file, locate and double-click dsUpdate.exe.
Be patient; it takes a few minutes to load and start the installer.
4. Once the install wizard begins, follow the onscreen instructions. Click Next to proceed or click Back to return to a previous screen.
5. When asked to select an update, check the appropriate language and click Next.
Note: If the update (language) is not displayed, browse to the location of the corresponding update jar file, and then click Add Update and check the appropriate update.
6. When the installation successfully completes, click Finish to close the installer.
7. Start DocuShare
8. Go to About DocuShare, on your site home page or in the Administration Menu, to locate your version number the update or patch installed should now also be listed.