Flush the Archive Queue and Update License
Some early licenses for DocuShare 4.x contained a bad license string that enabled the dsarchive client even though Archive server was not in use. If you go into the license page you can see the DSArchive Client license in there. If you use diagtool -que all print in a command prompt from the DSHOME\bin directory you may see something like this:
On the broker specified by:
- Host Primary Port
- localhost 7676
- Current Number of Consumers 0
- Current Number of Messages 80140
- Current Total Size of Messages (bytes) 104852535
- Destination Name dsarchive
- Destination Type Queue
- Max Number of Messages 0 (unlimited)
- Max Size per Message (bytes) 0 (unlimited)
- Max Total Size of Messages (bytes) 0 (unlimited)
- Queue Delivery Policy Single
- Successfully queried the destination.
To flush the Archive Queue:
diagtool -que dsarchive flush from a command prompt in the dshome\bin directory. Flushing the queue and getting a correct license string are the steps to correct the problem(s).
Contact licensing and identify the problem you were having, and request a new license string. You may need to stop and restart DocuShare after the new license is applied for the dsarchive message queue to stop its activity.