Error: Failed to configure Target Database
Note: This applies to DocuShare 6.5.x installations using SQL Express ONLY
During an installation of DocuShare 6.5.x when using SQL Express as the Database the error “Failed to configure Target Database” is displayed and the installation fails.
This issue can occur if the option to Install SQL Express as a Default Instance is selected in the DocuShare Installer. SQL Express actually installs as a Named Instance called sqlexpress instead of as a Default Instance. The “Failed to configure Target Database” error occurs because the DocuShare configuration files point to a non-existent Default Instance such as url=jdbc:\:docushare\sqlserver\://localhost\:1433. Therefore, DocuShare is unable to connect to the Database.
1. Run the DocuShare Installer
2. On The SQLExpress configuration screen, place a checkmark in the Install SQL Express checkbox.
3. After SQL Express gets installed and you see it in the list of Processes
4. Run the DocuShare Installer again
5. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Install SQL Express since its already installed.
6. Select Used Database Named Instance option.
7. In the Database Instance Name field type sqlexpress
8. Click the Next button and follow the screen instructions to complete the DocuShare installation.
Solution Published: May 27th, 2010
AR : 0023358