DocuShare Icon Is Not Displayed When Using IIS or Apache Bridge
The DocuShare Icon (favicon.ico) is not
displayed when accessing DocuShare through IIS or Apache Bridge (typically port
80). The favicon is displayed through
Tomcat port 8080.
The following are examples of environments
this has behavior has been tested on.
1. Favicon does not appear in the following environments:
o OS - Windows Server 2008 R2 sp1
o IIS - 7.5.7600.16385
OS - Windows Server 2008x86 sp2
IIS - 7.0.6000.16386
- Windows Server 2012 R2
o IE: 8.0.761.17514
o IE: 7.0.6002.18005
o Firefox: 23.0.1
Note: Favicon is displayed when
connected without IIS in above environment.
2. Favicon is displayed when you connect to the environment following.
Windows Server 2003
This behavior is outside the control of
DocuShare Engineering and Development.
Add the icon to the base of the IIS or Apache
1. On the DocuShare Server search for favicon.ico.
Note: The default location of the
favicon.ico is C:\Xerox\Docushare\tomcat\webapps\ROOT directory. Depending on your installation environment
the path may vary.
2. Place a copy of the favicon.ico in the base of the IIS or Apache
Note: The default location in IIS is
C:\inetpub\wwwroot. Depending on your
installation environment the path may vary.
3. Try accessing DocuShare again.
4. Web Server may need to be restarted for changes to take effect.
necessary, contact the vendor directly for additional information.
Solution Updated: January
Solution ID: 1408