How To Add a Language
Under the basic site license you may use two languages, and choose one as your default language. If your site has an expanded license, you may use additional languages.
With languages installed and licensed, site users may configure their browsers to view the site in a selected language. Most of the site text, art, messages, and documentation appear in the selected languages. DocuShare does not translate uploaded user documents.
Language packs for DocuShare software are available, and are easily installed using the DocuShare install wizard.
Note: This applies to DocuShare 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and 6.5.x
Note: You must be an administrator to perform this solution.
Note: This solution requires that you stop DocuShare.
• Before you install language packs, make sure the selected language pack is compatible with your version of DocuShare. Go to About DocuShare, on your site home page or in the Administration Menu, to locate your version number.
• If documentation is supplied with the language pack, read the documentation before starting the installation.
To Install a software update or patch:
1. Log into the DocuShare server as a Windows administrator.
2. Stop DocuShare.
3. Launch the DocuShare software update wizard by doing one of the following:
· If you are installing from a product media: Insert the DocuShare media into the server drive. If the installer does not open automatically, open the media, locate and double-click dsUpdate.exe.
· If you downloaded software from the web: Download the file to a temporary directory on your server and unzip the file. Open the file, locate and double-click dsUpdate.exe. Be patient; it takes a few minutes to load and start the installer.
4. Once the install wizard begins, follow the onscreen instructions. Click Next to proceed or click Back to return to a previous screen.
5. When asked to select an update, check the appropriate language and click Next.
Note: If the language is not displayed, browse to the location of the corresponding language jar file, and then click Add Update and check the appropriate update.
6. When the installation successfully completes, click Finish to close the installer.
7. Start DocuShare
8. Go to About DocuShare, on your site home page or in the Administration Menu, to locate your version number the language installed should now also be listed.
9. If your language update requires a new license go to Site
Management | License.
10. On the License page, locate and write down the Host ID number exactly as displayed.
11. Request a new license string with the language enabled.
Note: To request a license string contact DocuShare Licensing at 1-800-735-7749 and/or send an email to the DocuShare Licensing team at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a license string.
12. When you have the license string, return to the Site Management | License page and enter the
string in the License field.
13. Select the How To Set the Default Language solution listed at the bottom of this page for detailed information on enabling and selecting default languages for your site.
Note: This information is also available in the DocuShare Administrator Guide.
Solution Updated: April 1st, 2011
Solution ID: 737