How To Change Ownership in Chunks
Note: This solution applies to DocuShare 6.5.3 and above.
There is no way to change ownership of objects in chunks, for bulk objects, before deleting the User. Merge option will merge the user accounts. Through command line we have option of dsdelete which seeks the same operation of merging ownership and deleting User account forcefully.
Reason / Possible Cause
This is working as intended.
1. Log into DocuShare as Admin.
2. Click Admin Home | Account Management | Users | Go to List/Find/Add User. The Users and Groups Registry page displays.
3. Find the User and select it. The User Properties page will display.
4. Click the Delete User icon on the right-hand side of the page. The Confirm Delete page displays.
5. In the Owner column select Show All from the drop down menu and click the Go button.
6. Place a check mark in the box next to the document(s) that you would like to change the ownership of.
7. Select Change Owner from the drop down menu and click the Go button. The Change Owner page will display.
8. In the New Owner box select the new owner and click the Update Owner button.
9. Once the ownership of all the objects has been transferred or objects owned have been deleted, you will be able to delete the user.
Solution Published: February 24th, 2014
Solution ID: 1448