How To Create A New MIME Type
Note: You must be an Administrator to perform this solution.
To create a MIME type in DocuShare:
1. Download and/or create a desired icons of size 36x36 pixels and 20x20 pixels.
2. Give each icons a different name. Example: Nemo20 and Nemo36
3. Open Windows Explorer and change into the <dshome>\tomcat\webapps\docushare\images\large directory.
Where <dshome> is replaced with the installation path for DocuShare. Depending on your installation environment the path may vary. The default installation path is C:\Xerox\Docushare.
4. Place a copy of the 36x36 icon in the large directory.
5. Browse to the <dshome>\tomcat\webapps\docushare\images\small
6. Place a copy of the 20x20 icon in the small directory.
7. In the DocuShare Web UI, click Admin Home |Site Management | MIME Types. The MIME Types page displays.
8. Fill in the Mime Type, Icon Path, Large Icon Path, and File Extensions information.
Note: Path is the folder/ name of the icon.
Example: From the above image small/nemo20 or large/nemo36.
9. Click the Add button. Once added you will get the MIME type displayed in the list.
10. Try uploading documents with the extension just configured in the new MIME type to verify it works.
Solution Published: February 25th, 2014
Solution ID: 1451