How To Migrate Users and Groups From an External LDAP Domain to the Internal DocuShare Domain
To migrate users and groups from an external LDAP Domain to the Internal DocuShare Domain:
1. Log in to DocuShare as Admin.
2. Click Admin Home | Account Management | Domains. The Domains page displays.
3. Click the Edit button next to the External LDAP Domain. The Edit Domain page displays.
4. Change Authentication and Directory Service Providers from LDAP, LDAP to DocuShare, DocuShare.
5. Click the Update button.
6. Click the Delete button beside external Domain name. The Delete Domain page displays.
7. Select Transfer users and groups to and select DocuShare from the drop down menu.
8. Once this completes all the users and groups in the external domain will be moved to the DocuShare domain.
Note: After transferring all the users external LDAP users and groups to the Internal DocuShare domain completes then the DocuShare Administrator will be required to reset passwords for the users who were not part of the Internal Domain before. The reason for this is because in the original external LDAP Domain had the user passwords were stored on the LDAP server. The transfer to the Internal DocuShare Domain only changes the domain of the user (does not update passwords).
Solution Published: April 11th, 2011
Solution ID: 811