You reached the maximum number of active devices message displayed on EIP Configuration page
When trying to add a Multifunction Printer (MFP) via the EIP Configuration page a pop up window is displayed with the following error “You reached the maximum number of active devices”.
The EIP license key that was issued has reached it maximum active MFPs limit.
Request a new EIP license string with enough MFP connections.
To request a new EIP license string:
· You must have a copy of the Host ID for the DocuShare Server.
1. Request a new EIP license string.
Note: The license request form has a field that you fill in the number of MFPs you will be connecting to, verify that you request enough connections to enable you to connect to all of the MFPs you require.
Note: The EIP License Request Form is available at: http://docushare.xerox.com/products/ds_products_eip_form.html
2. Once you have received the new EIP license string via email, copy the license string from the email and paste it into Notepad.
3. Highlight the license string in Notepad and then right click and select Copy.
Important: When copying the license key, be sure to select the ENTIRE key.
4. Paste the EIP license string into the EIP License Key field on the EIP Connector Configuration page. Then click the Submit Changes button.
5. Try adding a new MFP.
Note: The MFPs that were registered with the old license key may require a reboot to pull the new license key information.
Solution Published: July 25th, 2011
Solution ID: 876