Note: Applies to DocuShare 6.5.x or higher.
Unable to add new users. The following error message is displayed in the web UI.
Sorry: Your request could not be processed.
1713: An internal DocuShare Invalid License Exception has occurred.
Please Try Again.
Stack Trace: Exceeds licensed seat limit
Possible Reason and/or Cause
• This might be occurring if you have exceeded the number of user license.
• This might be occurring if the User Level is set to a User Level that you are not licensed for.
1. Verify that you have User license available.
To verify that you have a user license available:
a. Click Admin Home | Account Management | Users | Change User Level. The Change User Level page displays.
b. Verify the License Status to make sure there are licenses available.
· 100 out of 100 licenses are available at the Read-Only level.
· 848 out of 1,000 licenses are available at the DocuShare level.
· 997 out of 1,001 licenses are available at the CPX level.
2. Verify that the Default Value is set accordingly.
To verify that the default value is set accordingly:
a. Click Admin Home | Object Properties | User. The User properties page displays.
b. Click the Edit button next to User Level. The Edit User Menu page displays.
c. From the Default Value drop down menu select the user level you require and then click the Update button.
d. Select Object Properties | Update Properties The Update Properties page displays. Click the Submit button.
3. Restart the DocuShare Service.
Note: If DocuShare Service is not restarted then the error may still occur even if the licensed page reflects the correct value of seats.
Solution Updated: May 28th, 2013
Solution ID: 955
Keywords: Unable to add new users
An internal DocuShare Invalid License Exception has occurred